Healthier Tomorrows is in network with the following plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Choice
- United Healthcare
- Northwestern University Aetna Student Health (NU-SHIP)
Please note that while we are in network with these insurance companies, the specific terms of individual plans may vary.
If you have another insurance carrier, we ask for payment at the time of service, and we provide a superbill (official receipt of services) that you can submit directly to your insurance company for reimbursement, if our services are covered under your specific plan. If you would like to contact your plan to learn more about your coverage, you may find the following helpful:
The goal of this script is to offer some guidance in navigating the insurance process and verifying whether your sessions will be covered by your insurance plan!
You can call the member services number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following:
- Does my plan cover outpatient nutrition counseling using procedure codes 97802 and 97803, and are there any excluded conditions?
- Are nutrition counseling sessions subject to a deductible, or is there a copay for each session? If a deductible applies, how much is this and how much of it has been met?
- Is there a visit limit, and is this per calendar year?
- Is a referral or authorization required?
- Is Healthier Tomorrows in-network with my plan? If not, what are my out-of-network benefits and what is the process to submit for reimbursement?
We recommend collecting the following information for your records:
Name of Representative: _________
Date of call: ___________
Reference Number# ____________